Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blogging again? The rest of SAVOR

Well,
It's been my longest stretch without posting on this blog. And I've finally given into the guilt.
A lot has happened this summer, so I figured I'd finish off with the SAVOR Post and continue with everything else, post by post.
Savor was, as one might expect. Amazing.
Friday, I met Greg at the hotel and he rented a bike. With me on foot, we cruised around the city, stopping at wholefoods, and the NY Farmers Market. We finished the run with lunch at Birraria, the Dogfish Head and Italian Brewer collaboration restaurant on top of the building that housed the renowned "Eataly." The Night was spent going to the Blind Tiger, and a few other bars.
That night was spent having dinner at the hotel with none other than Garrett Oliver, Brewmaster of Brooklyn Brewing Company.
The event itself was glorious. There were samples of food paired with every beer. An Oyster Bar, a Cheese Bar and a Chocolate bar. I met a lot of really great people and ate and drank a lot of fantastic crafted food and beverage. New Holland did a Salon/Pairing with Smaug's Breath and Barrel Aged Night Tripper.
That night we had dinner at a great gourmet restaurant with the guys of Left Hand and Bell's. I took off around 1am and biked home on a Citibike.

I wish there was more to say, but having been almost 5 months ago, and several more posts to go, I'll keep it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment